Director of Compliance
We are working on behalf of a very highly regarded, highly profitable and well-known medium-sized business in the business services sector. The Firm is based in Cambridgeshire with offices nationwide and it very much lives its core values, believing it offers its clients something a bit different from its competitors.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a high-profile, newly created role, with responsibility for implementing and overseeing the Compliance Program. Presenting an opportunity and the freedom to stamp your own mark on a role, you will manage a team of two, working across the entire Firm. This will facilitate a deep understanding of the Business, building on initiatives already underway whilst developing others from scratch.
The purpose of this role is to develop, promote, embed, assess and report on the Firm’s compliance culture and capability in adhering to legal compliance requirements, its Code of Conduct and other Company standards. As well as helping to mitigate legal compliance risks, you will ultimately help the Firm protect its reputation as it demonstrates to employees, clients and the wider community that it is committed to doing business the right way.
- Establish and maintain an effective Firm-wide compliance program including policies, procedures, internal controls, monitoring and training.
- As a trusted adviser, provide effective support on all compliance matters to all stakeholders in conjunction with the support functions of HR, Finance, Legal and IT.
- Through face to face nationwide training, embed the message, measuring and reporting on performance in relation to key compliance metrics.
- Enable the Firm to adopt a deep appreciation of its compliance risks in the context of its commercial objectives ensuring it is well equipped to manage these exposures.
- The Compliance Program is likely to comprise:
- A Code of Conduct for employees and third parties.
- A Gifts, Hospitality & Entertainment policy.
- A fit for purpose Enterprise Risk Management structure.
- Risk Assessment Processes and Risk Appetite setting.
Skills & experience
You may reside in industry or in a professional services/consulting/law firm environment which may be in-house or external client-facing. Ultimately we are looking for someone experienced in developing and embedding a successful compliance program and culture. Key to the success of this role will be the right approach and so specifically we seek:
- A demonstrable track record of successfully advising on risk and compliance matters, combining a knowledge of current and emerging legislation, standards and regulations.
- A compliance generalist: this role may be a step up or alternatively a chance for someone to deploy their significant experience in a new setting.
- A commercially focused approach combined with an ability to simplify things and effectively collaborate to develop solutions.
- Gravitas, resilience, negotiation and influencing skills: able to win hearts and minds whilst adopting a commercial approach and bring people along. An open, direct communication style: accessible and approachable.
- Experience in producing training materials and delivering face to face training in a business - focused and engaging way.
- An independent working style and the will and strength of character to ensure plans are implemented in full.
- A readiness to roll sleeves up wherever necessary to get the job done.
- This is an exceptional Director of Compliance opportunity in Cambridge offering very limited UK travel only, full autonomy, managing a small team and flexiblity to work from home 2 days / week.
For further information please do apply with your full CV details.
Salary & benefits
£100, 000 - £120,000 + benefits