Our client, a respected blue chip with an insatiable appetite for innovation, is on a quest to find an exceptional Finance Accountant.
The role is based in Berkshire offering flexible hybrid working (2/3 model).
- Reconciling outputs from various systems and ensuring correct posting in financial ledgers
- Managing circuit dashboard reporting processes, confirming outcome to relevant stakeholders
- Obtaining inputs from relevant processes and performing underlying calculations for relevant accruals and deferrals
- Posting journals in various ledgers
- Implementing accounting guidelines to all transactions and ensuring accounting principles are adhered to strictly
- Compiling month end close reports for internal stakeholders; continuously improving quality of the reports with the focus on ensuring that the outcome is understood and can be explained to all the relevant stakeholders
- Presenting summary view of month end close results to the Finance Operations Manager and supporting managers in delivering functional results to the wider set of stakeholders
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations for their relevant accounts to ensure all balance sheet assertions are appropriately assured; keeping appropriate back up for all the transactions where required and challenging transaction owners for adhering to accounting principles as per Group Audit principles
The role remit primarily covers IFRS 16 accounting and reporting as well as common processes around cost of sales reporting.
Skills & experience
- Fully Qualified or finalist (CIMA or equivalent) with experience in driving change and process re-engineering
- An inquisitive self-starter that is comfortable working in a fluid environment with a drive for questioning and learning about how the client’s business operate
- An ability to interpret & understand IFRS 16 and other IFRS standards, with an ability to visualise how the standard would be applied to the client’s operation going forward
- Someone that would be comfortable with the analysis of large volumes of data
- An individual that has experience of leases (currently within the Opex or Cost of Sales space) would be ideal, however that is not a necessity
Salary & benefits
This team will help YOU to shape YOUR career. Management build trust through leadership, promote autonomy and want to see you grow.
If you are looking for a Finance Accounting role with a genuine purpose, this is it!
For further details and to register your interest please do send in your CV for immediate review.