A vibrant, high-growth retail organisation is looking for an Internal Auditor to join their recently formed Audit function. This is a hybrid role (2/3 model) based in Leicestershire. The job holder will develop a leading role in the auditing of business goals, performance objectives, and the impact of a variety of economic, financial and management decisions.
- To aid the Group Internal Audit team in completion of the agreed annual Group Internal Audit Plan for the business, as well as aiding the Head of Internal Audit in delivering value adding consultancy work to the business.
- To engage and develop the Senior Management of the business in relation to internal audit and its strategy, making a significant contribution to the embedding of internal audit principles.
- To proactively plan, program, direct and undertake risk-based audit assignments (and to take responsibility for delivery of significant portions of the overall audit plan).
- To use knowledge and experience to develop new and innovative auditing processes to improve the efficiency of the Group Internal Audit function’s working practices.
- Evaluate data compiled during audit projects and prepare written reports of conditions found.
- Through audit reviews, identify areas where risk is outside of the business’s ‘appetite’ levels and make recommendations to Management to address weaknesses and monitor Management’s response and implementation.
- Perform research to locate and summarise appropriate laws / legislation relevant to the business for use by Internal Audit and to provide the Head of Internal Audit with details of information relating to developments in auditing practices and techniques.
- To support the evolving cultural environment of the business; identifying and demonstrating the behaviours and actions that encourage the company’s value set.
Skills & experience
- Recognised professional qualification - ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA.
- Exposure to performing audits ideally within a Big 4 or Top 10 practice environment.
- An advanced knowledge of risk-based internal audit procedures, including planning, techniques, testing and sampling methods.
- An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, including the ability to undertake workshops with Senior Management in order to educate and embed internal audit strategies further within the business.
- Ability to establish, maintain and manage effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the business, whilst continuing to maintain independence and objectivity.
- Ambitious, self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- High-level of IT literacy.
- Excellent presentation skills.
Salary & benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to be part of an evolving audit function – a chance to get involved in a broad variety of tasks that most large, well-established functions would be unable to offer.
If you are keen to learn and develop your career within a dynamic retail organisation this is most definitely the role for you. Please send in your CV for immediate review.