Lead SOC Analyst
A rapidly expanding global Fintech organisation require a fully remote Lead Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst who is passionate about security and dedicated to continuously improving detection and response capabilities.
An individual who possesses an eye for assessing what is amiss in an environment (and contributing to that detection process,). Identifying whether it's a bad guy or something gone sideways by leveraging your experience and deep understanding of hosts, networks, Cloud, and all things security, and leading response to security events and the incidents those sometimes turn into.
The position is 100% remote working / homeworking.
- Act as the technical expert driving the security incident response program, investigating and coordinating the response.
- Working closely with other Security teams, Engineering, Fraud, and other stakeholders to monitor and analyze events and signals across various logical environments.
- Gather threat intelligence, identify adversaries, tools, and techniques, and mitigate and respond to them.
- Drive efforts to hunt for adversary activity in the environment.
- Mentor and develop junior analysts by utilising your knowledge and experience.
- Execute on team and company OKRs
Skills & experience
- At least 8 years of cyber security experience, 4 of which includes being in the trenches in a SOC / CSIRT environment.
- Experience investigating cybersecurity events and incidents using a full suite of alerting and response tools, digital forensic or malware analysis tools.
- Experience with network and host-based security, cloud security, threat hunting, purple or red team engagements, and pen-testing tools. Cloud-native with experience of managing SAAS products.
- Experience with frameworks such as the Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE Telecommunication & CK, NIST.
- Familiarity with networking concepts in both physical (routers, switches, firewalls) and cloud environments (IAM, VPCs).
- Display an investigative mind and the ability to multi-task and wear multiple hats and top-notch communication skills.
- Experience in FinTech or FS is an added bonus.
Salary & benefits
Basic salary: £75,000 - £85,000
For further information on this exceptional fully remote Lead SOC Analyst opportunity please do apply with your full CV details.