Senior International Tax Manager - Controversy
Highly innovative FTSE 100 Tech firm are seeking a motivated team player to manage the planning, preparation, implementation and defence of tax controversy matters, particularly in the international tax arena. Somebody adept at engaging with internal stakeholders, external counsel, and other third parties, developing a team specialising in the prevention and resolution of tax controversy matters. You will support the general aims and objectives of the International Tax Controversy team, including the sharing of experience and best practice in risk management and dispute resolution.
- Controversy matters – managing and implementing appropriate strategies for the defence of audits as well as other contentious tax disputes in an efficient and considered manner.
- Controversy matters – to manage information relevant to the disputes as well as becoming the expert on the technical and factual details of a given matter (including the financial impact).
- Advisory work – advising and recommending improvements to systems, processes and approaches to tax matters as a result of audit experiences.
- Knowledge sharing – through co-ordination and dissemination of best practice in planning and preparation for potential tax disputes.
- Support initiatives in the Tech sector and the wider tax community in external public and/or governmental tax policy fora – as necessary.
Skills & experience
- A breadth of tax exposure, within an advisory and blue chip environment.
- Legal or CTA qualified, or equivalent.
- Tax advisor with some PQE either with an advisory firm and/or large in-house company
- Experience of international tax (including application of Double Tax Treaties, foreign tax regimes etc.).
- Exposure to tax dispute management and successful resolution of matters through negotiation with tax authorities or formal litigation.
- Proven ability to work to demanding deadlines in a complex environment.
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation, including with senior stakeholders.
- Self-motivated individual, with excellent organisational skills who is able to manage and co-ordinate multiple assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Salary & benefits
If the above sounds like you and you are motivated by the prospect of developing your career within a forward-facing Tech organisation based in London, please do apply with your CV details.
This role is paying £100K-£115K plus £7.5K car allowance, 20% bonus, LLA and wider benefits.