Chief Privacy Officer
We are working exclusively with a FTSE 100 organisation based in London on an exceptional Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) opportunity, to head the growing global Data Privacy function.
The position is a Central London based role offering hybrid working (3 days homeworking / week).
This is a key global role reporting into the Board that will set the strategic approach for Data Privacy for the organisation and advise on all areas of data privacy matters across the Group for systems, processes, policies, training, and controls.
The role will require you to act as an advisor to Executive level leaders and key stakeholders on all data privacy regulatory matters, as well as preparing reports to inform the Board and Risk Committee. A key part of the DPO role is managing and developing the Group Data Privacy Team, as well as having indirect responsibility for the Divisional Privacy Managers and their teams. You will work to inspire and align these teams to collaboratively deliver initiatives. You will work closely with them to provide advice and oversight to ensure that all Divisional privacy managers have the support they need to meet the commercial challenges their operating teams face. In addition, you will be responsible for their development and training.
- Lead the data privacy team (both at Group and collectively with the Divisional privacy community) to ensure that all privacy-related legal and regulatory risks and compliance are met and ensure that all data protection program timelines are achieved
- Provide the strategic vision and oversight for the data privacy and protection areas, while evolving the existing data privacy culture throughout the organisation
- Lead, manage, recruit and coach a specialist team of data privacy managers and privacy experts to guide, advise and support the business in data privacy activities such as DPIAs, personal data incident management, and third-party supplier due diligence
- Be a strong and effective leader and partner senior leaders across the business
- Work in partnership with wider assurance and oversight teams to support Global Support Projects including transformations and M&A activity
- Plan and oversee reviews of Global and higher risk Privacy Impact Assessments and vendor privacy risk assessments to provide advice on new projects.
- Assess the level of compliance maturity and privacy-related risks including the Risk Reporting process
- Oversight and monitoring the implementation and application of internal data protection policies
- Developing and providing colleague training
- Ensure appropriate processes and systems are in place to be able to respond to individuals when they exercise their rights (e.g. subject access request, object to processing, right to be forgotten etc) and that appropriate processes are in place to manage Data Breach notification and reporting
Skills & experience
- Proven leadership and management experience as a DPO or CPO in a blue-chip environment managing Data Privacy and Protection teams
- Expertise in international data protection laws and practices with an in-depth understanding of their implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence the highest levels of management and decision-making within the organization
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and experience leading and managing a team and network in a decentralised management structure
- Pragmatic, business-orientated mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience liaising with the ICO (or other regulators
- Relevant Data Privacy Programme Management experience (minimum 7 years
- CIPP-E or similar qualifications
Salary & benefits
This is a rare and outstanding Group CPO executive-level opportunity with a FTSE 100 organisation, for further information and to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.
Basic salary £170,000 - £180,000