Contract Compliance Auditor
A market-leading innovative organisation requires a Contract Compliance Auditor to join their industry-leading team on a homeworking basis.
The role focuses on the assessment of their Clients, Supplier compliance to the Financial Terms & Conditions of contracts utilising a customised audit methodology. Following, analysis and substantive testing of acquired relevant billing records and other backup data from the party under audit, you will be required to quantify any financial variances indicating actual or potential overcharging to producing a Report for the Client.
The role is a 100% homeworking position.
- Able to confidently perform the complete audit process from start to finish (i.e. supplier/client engagement through to reporting and settlement of claims).
- Comfortable performing more than one audit simultaneously for less complex audits (i.e. rate card, catalogue pricing).
- Act as a mentor to Junior Auditors within the team and be able to share commercial audit experience and innovative approaches to test/write claims.
- Draft end of project reports with autonomy for owned and delivered audits but also be a point of call for any QA for peer report.
- Review contract terms and conditions to identify and document contract risk exposures and areas of possible financial leakage/loss.
- Interview client key stakeholders regarding the terms of the agreement to determine contract intent.
- Perform substantive testing of both client and supplier transactional data to document and verify compliance to commercial terms.
- Analyse and manipulate complex electronic data sets and be proficient with Excel to identify discrepancies.
- Prepare, and submit audit reports (Internal and External stakeholders) to include identified monetary discrepancies, and any recommendations by providing documented and supportive details.
- Participate in the negotiation and resolution of identified monetary discrepancies with suppliers and client.
- Produce written correspondence to vendor inquiries, prepare reports for Internal Management concerning scope of audit, issues found, recovery amounts, and recommendations for future improvements.
Skills & experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or extensive prior experience in contract compliance, or other closely related financial audit (Internal Audit, Retail Audit, Procurement, etc)
- Good Excel skills - define financial variances, collect and extrapolate data, establish facts, and draw accurate, valid conclusions.
- Experience of accounting systems (SAP, JDE, Oracle, etc) with an emphasis on P2P, and Accounts Payable.
- Some experience in understanding and assessing operational processes and internal controls, including defining practical recommendations for improvement.
- Previous experience in procurement, contracting or conducting vendor and supplier audits for contract compliance in a Retail commercial setting is advantageous but not essential.
Salary & benefits
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + 15% bonus
This is an outstanding new Contract Compliance Auditor opportunity with a rapidly growing organisation offering fast-track promotion opportunities. This is a real opportunity to stamp your mark within a market-leading team working with the largest blue-chip clients in the UK.
For further details or to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.