Financial Controls Manager
STOP SCROLLING! Our client is a genuine game-changer and one of the fastest-growing FTSE 100 blue-chips - on a quest to find an exceptional Financial Controls Manager - Internal Controls Manager.
Working in a fast-paced, dynamic and commercial environment, this is an excellent opportunity for a driven finance professional who is able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and has experience in managing teams.
The role is based in Hertfordshire, North London offering flexible hybrid working (2 days/wk in the office 3 days/wk work from home).
- Responsible for managing and leading a team of three or more people, providing performance and development support, mentoring and guidance
- Provide support in the design, implementation and ongoing monitoring of the Group’s Financial Control Framework ensuring latest developments are included and best practices considered; taking ownership of sections of the framework
- Implementation and embedding of the second line of defense within the Finance function
- Leading a team in the testing of key controls and ensuring appropriate remediation of control deficiencies
- Deliver effective training, guidance and advice to Finance and non-finance teams. Enhancing compliance’s visibility.
- Liaising with stakeholders across finance and the Group where relevant
- Identify areas of emerging financial control risk through collaboration and training
- Responsible for the design of process improvements, and their subsequent implementation in line with the Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Strong influencer for embedding a culture of strong financial controls across the Group
Skills & experience
This opportunity will ignite your internal controls career, unlike any other.
Whether this represents your first move out of practice, or a switch in industry, your number one quality must be confidence and the ability to work in a constantly changing and rapidly growing environment.
- Solid previous experience of managing an experienced team
- Experience of designing controls, implementing or monitoring a financial controls framework (COSO)
- Qualified accountant (4 years+ (ACA / ICAEW / ACCA / CPA / CIMA)
- Demonstrated experience of 2nd or 3rd line with the ability to think outside the box/ not prescriptive akin to SOX
Salary & benefits
Basic salary: £70,000 - £75,000
This team will help YOU to shape YOUR senior management career.
If you are looking for a managerial internal controls role with a genuine purpose this is it!
For further details and to register your interest please apply with your full CV details.