Head of Ethics & Compliance
An outstanding Head of Ethics and Compliance permanent position has arisen with a top-tier Manufacturing / Engineering organisation based in Oxford.
This is a hybrid position offering 3 days homeworking.
The Head of Ethics & Compliance will manage and develop the E&C programme covering the areas of anti-bribery & corruption, legal compliance, third-party due diligence, competition law, anti-money laundering, financial crime and data protection.
- Support the development and management of the ethics and compliance programme focusing on legal compliance, anti-bribery corruption and data protection.
- Review and update existing policies, procedures and other internal systems to ensure that they are in compliance with relevant laws. Including many legal compliance policies, HR policies and policies on business process.
- Amend and re-draft policies for legal / compliance policies: review the existing policy so that it is fit for purpose.
- Carry out a risk assessment of the major compliance topics; record the outcomes; and address any shortcomings.
- Participate in the development of compliance training and awareness programmes together with the roll-out and implementation of such training programmes.
- Produce training material for onboarding new joiners and materials for online training. Review how best to host and present online training to the whole organisation.
- Establish an awareness programme so that employees are notified that there will be enhanced awareness of compliance matters and that new policies and procedures will be rolled out.
- Work with HR, to identify which employees should do which compliance training.
- Set an appropriate cadence for a repeat or refresh of compliance training.
- Influential at all levels including senior management, BU management, business and corporate functions
Skills & experience
- Ethics & Compliance Senior Manager or Head of E&C, with experience of advising in relation to legal compliance risk areas, anti-bribery & corruption and data protection.
- Strong project management and advising experience in an in-house environment.
- Experience considering and working to resolve ethical issues in a business context.
- Negotiation and influencing skills, able to win hearts and minds whilst adopting a commercial approach and bringing people along.
- Experience in advising in an international environment would be an advantage.
- Open, direct communication style: accessible and approachable.
- Confidence to be resolute in the application of standards and to challenge commercial and business teams on this where necessary.
- Experience in producing training materials and delivering both online and face to face training in a business-focused and engaging way.
- Independent working style and the will and strength of character to ensure plans are implemented in full. Readiness to roll sleeves up wherever necessary to get the job done.
- A capable individual able to energise others by demonstrating passion and commitment.
Salary & benefits
For further information and to register your interest in this exceptional Head of Ethics & Compliance opportunity, please do apply with your full CV details