Senior Credit Manager
An award-winning Bank requires a Senior Credit Manager to join their second line of defence and have a significant individual delegated credit authority.
The Senior Credit Manager (Bank) is a credit approval role where the role holder will have significant credit approval experience in a financial institution enabling the role holder to underwrite transactions across the Bank’s products and businesses in line with credit risk appetite and policy as well as being a credit member of the Bank’s Credit Committee.
As Senior Credit Manager you will have specific responsibility for underwriting transactions originating in our recently created Growth and Investment Capital Business (“GIC”) where focus is on provision of senior debt facilities for investment and MBO / MBI transactions.
- Lead stakeholder management and provide dedicated SME advice and guidance on all credit risk matters.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Bank’s business model and how transactions should be structured across all divisions with specific focus on the GIC business.
- Lead engagement with GIC business team providing advice and guidance on proposals through open two-way dialogue.
- Own and manage the GIC credit policy ensuring policy remains aligned with Business and wider Bank Credit Risk appetite and contribute more broadly to Bank risk policies.
- Underwrite transactions arising in all Bank businesses within delegated credit authority and to agreed SLAs.
- Be an active credit member of the Group’s Credit Committee, providing active contributions to committee including challenge and analysis on transactions presented for approval.
- Be an active member of the Bank’s Underwriting Shared Services senior management team promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support the development of colleagues across the Bank’s credit community sharing knowledge and experience with more junior credit colleagues across all divisions.
Skills & experience
- Strong experience of credit approval and management within a banking environment.
- Significant experience in use of financial modelling tools and conducting financial due diligence on customer proposals.
- Good knowledge of banking products and services.
- Sound appreciation of security, legal and documentation risks associated with transactions.
- Audit or accountancy experience (at least 5 years) at a top 30 UK practice.
- Corporate Finance and / or Debt Advisory experience.
- Portfolio Management experience.
Salary & benefits
Basic salary: £100,000 - £110,000
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop and progress your Credit Management career to a Senior Management position with a renowned banking organisation.
For further information and to register your interest, please do apply with your full CV details for immediate review