Senior Internal Auditor
An exciting position has become available within a dynamic insurance Group based in London. They are looking to recruit a Senior Internal Auditor with a detailed, focused approach to evaluate and improve the efficiency of the Group’s risk management, control and governance processes. This is a hybrid role working two days per week in the office and the remaining three from home.
- Assist with the delivery of a range of diverse internal audits, assessing business processes, risks, and controls to provide an independent appraisal of the overall control environment.
- Make recommendations to improve processes and controls, contributing towards greater business efficiency and operations.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with key partners within the business, including senior management.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the Internal Audit function through innovation and efficiency, including challenging current methods.
Training and development will be fully supported, but driven by the candidate, ensuring that skills and expertise remain current and can drive value.
This role may require travel (to other UK offices, and potentially other global office locations) but we anticipate this would be no more than 15%.
Skills & experience
- Professional qualification (financial or audit - ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CIA)
- Internal Audit exposure, including understanding of technical auditing concepts / internal controls systems.
- Experience and / or understanding of the UK insurance market including the broader operation of the global insurance industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel; experience in data analytics viewed favourably.
- Ability to demonstrate credibility and generate rapport in dealings with stakeholders.
- Ability to empathise with auditees, identify pragmatic solutions, and demonstrate gravitas.
Salary & benefits
£67K+ 20% bonus
The focus on being a People First business has always been at the very heart of this organisation; they see people as their chief competitive advantage.
This Senior internal Auditor role offers the chance to get involved in full lifecycle audit reviews that vary greatly, and are continuously evolving to meet the demands of a dynamic and highly acquisitive business - career progression is available in spades. If the above seems interesting please send in your CV for immediate review.