Senior Manager Group Risk
A global brand based in Central London is growing its Group Risk team and requires a Senior Group Risk Manager.
The Senior Group Risk Manager is responsible for the development and management of the Enterprise Risk Framework (‘ERF’) and process. Evaluating the effectiveness of management’s first line of defence, ensuring the effectiveness of the risk management process, and assessing or challenging the appropriateness of risk mitigation strategies. Integrating with other monitoring and compliance functions (“second line”) to ensure the organisation is both aligned in its approach to risk and compliant with internal and external regulations and policies.
The organisation operates a flexible hybrid working model either fully remote working or with 4 days of homeworking.
- Responsible for the co-ordination, updating and execution of the risk framework across all business units and functions.
- Line manage, coach and develop the Group Risk Manager.
- Assist the Director, Group Risk in all aspects of risk operations including risk assessment planning, delivery, and reporting.
- Facilitate risk owners and BU leaders to articulate and assess risk and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Build close working relationships with risk-responsible managers in each region to develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships to promote, embed and develop risk management.
- Lead bi-annual risk refresh sessions with management to update the risk registers and to review progress in the implementation of internal controls/mitigating actions.
- Support half-yearly Risk and Compliance Committees around the world.
- Support development of appropriate risk management reporting for the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the Audit and Risk Committee, and the Board.
- Provide support, education, and training to the business to build risk awareness and to promote the right risk culture within the organisation.
- Embed risk appetite by developing forward-looking flightpaths to show path to achieving appetite targets.
- Work closely with other 2nd line functions to identify gaps, overlaps and opportunities for optimisation of key mitigating controls.
- Work closely with Internal Audit and other assurance functions to provide risk information and gain assurance on the quality of risk management controls.
Skills & experience
- Appropriate post-graduate degree qualifications (e.g. MBA, CA, CPA, or other financial) and a relevant qualification in risk management (CRMA, MIRM, C-Risk)
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in risk-related roles with a mix of professional services and industry experience
- Big 4 risk management or internal audit experience is an advantage
- Relevant experience reporting to Leadership Teams, Boards or Audit Committees
- Experience of risk quantification and modelling experience is advantageous
- Experience of programme risk management, business continuity and risk tools is desirable
- Understanding of COSO and ISO Risk frameworks
Salary & benefits
Salary: £90,000 + £6,500 Car + Bonus + Benefits
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop and progress your risk management career as a Senior Manager with one of the most globally renowned risk functions. The team operates a meritocracy and will provide ongoing training/development and opportunities for fast-track promotion within the team.
For further information and to register your interest, please do apply with your full CV details for immediate review.