An outstanding SOX Manager opportunity has arisen with a rapidly growing NYSE listed technology business located in London.
The SOX Manager will play a vital role in advising the business on appropriate business process and IT controls. This is a hands-on role with two direct reports. A unique opportunity to put your own stamp on the SOX Program as we transition from a co-sourced to an in-house model.
The SOX Manager will take a lead role in overall SOX program management (business process and IT). As part of the SOX and Internal Controls Team, the SOX Manager may also assist with the IT SOX Assessment and the establishment of the Internal Audit function.
The organisation operates a hybrid model x3 days in the London office and x2 days homeworking.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all phases of SOX compliance.
- Deliver the scoping and risk assessment.
- Update SOX documentation, including risk and controls matrices and process flowcharts, and evaluate controls as new systems are developed or processes change.
- Ensure that controls are properly designed for all in-scope processes and global entities.
- Perform SOX testing including design & operating effectiveness testing, remediation test work, and roll-forward testing.
- Review work papers of the SOX Team (non-IT).
- Advise on best practice automation of business controls.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to control owners for remediation of internal control gaps.
- Ensure any internal control gaps are remediated and re-tested by year-end.
- Track and monitor overall SOX assessment status for monthly and quarterly reporting to senior management. Ensure all SOX deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Coordinate with external auditors on the annual SOX testing plan.
- Provide internal controls training to control owners.
- Perform limited assurance internal controls testing at non-SOX entities.
- Mentor and develop the talent of the SOX Team.
Skills & experience
- A qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA
- Big 4 external or internal audit background (manager level) with a strong focus on SOX / internal controls.
- Solid understanding of SOX and internal control concepts (e.g., COSO, COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001).
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead audits and manage audit teams.
Salary & benefits
Basic salary: £75,000 - £80,000
This is an exceptional SOX Manager opportunity with a rapidly growing organisation looking to double in size within the next two years. This is a real opportunity to stamp your mark on creating a new SOX function in a UK-focused role with NO travel required.
For further details or to register your interest please do apply with your full CV details.